This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Eggless Lentil veggie balls recipe A really easy recipe with few ingredients but still tasty.
Eggless Lentil veggie ballsCourse: secondCuisine: italian, vegan
Eggless Lentil veggie balls recipe
- To make this recipe you can use dried lentils to be cooked or simply use those in a jar already boiled.
- First, mix 2 tablespoons of flaxseed (or flaxseed flour) together with 6 tablespoons of water and wait 10 minutes. A mixture will form that will serve as a binder for our meatballs instead of the egg
- After having drained the lentils well, put them in a container
- Add the spice mix (we used turmeric , curry, black pepper and oregano) and salt
- Add the flaxseed mixture and water
- With the help of a mixer, blend coarsely and transfer the mixture into a container and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour to make it more compact
- After removing it from the fridge, add a few tablespoons of rice flour and mix the mixture which should not be too sticky. If you don’t have rice flour, you can use breadcrumbs or wholemeal flour
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and grease it with extra virgin olive oil
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture giving it the typical shape of a meatball, pass it in the corn flour and put it on the pan
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes in a hot oven at a temperature of 180 ° C
- Serve the meatballs accompanied by vegetables or a sauce of your choice. We paired them with a