This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Savoy cabbage rolls with potatoes and walnuts recipe. Cabbage rolls are a nutritious and tasty second course. They are made with the outermost leaves of the cabbage steamed and stuffed with a filling of potatoes, carrots and chopped walnuts. We served them with a delicious carrot-based cream.
Cabbage rolls with potatoes and walnutsCourse: secondCuisine: italian, vegan
Cabbage rolls with potatoes and walnuts recipe
- Wash the cabbage leaves, remove the hardest part of the core with a knife and blanch in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes
- Drain the cabbage with a slotted spoon and transfer it to cold water
- Clean and peel the potatoes and carrots, cut them into small pieces and steam them for 10 minutes.
We used the microwave oven at maximum power for steam cooking, putting potatoes and carrots in a special container
- With the help of a mixer chop the walnuts coarsely
- Mash half of the carrots with the potatoes and mix them with the chopped nuts, turmeric and pepper
- Spread 2 cabbage leaves one side by side slightly overlapping and put a spoonful of the potato, carrot and walnut filling on top
- Wrap the leaves around the filling to form a large roll and place it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use two toothpicks or kitchen twine to hold the roll closed
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for a generous 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the carrot sauce
- Carrot sauce
- With the help of a mixer, blend half of the carrots left aside with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of turmeric and unsweetened soy milk just enough to obtain a creamy sauce
- Pour the carrot sauce on the plates and place the hot rolls on top